{ rainbow chiffon }
{ rc }     ;  ; ; 
about reviews quick look link yelp! rest-views past goods home follow dashboard
Thursday, June 6, 2013 | 16:00 | 4 comments


I was going through Beautylish, mostly just browsing. And then I see an article entitled "Get this Glow Stick! Stila's New Lip Crayon Glows in the Dark ".... What? I knew it was becoming a thing where lipstick can seemingly glow in the dark (or at least with a blacklight). Though that's always been kinda in with the sub-cultures of Gyaru (I'm not entirely sure which) though it could very well be paint itself.

But anyway, I thought to myself as I read the article, Oh my god, what are those? How much are those? Can I have them? Give it to me!

So I went to trusty old Google to find some reviews and maybe some other swatches if they were available.

I found some but some of them didn't really have the swatches themselves, really, just individual lipsticks. Okay, I didn't want to spend all day trying to find something... But then lo and behold: Vampy Varnish's "Stila After Glow Lip Color Swatches and Review"!

As it turns out, there's only six different shades: Festive Fuchsia, Party Pink, Tangerine Dream,  Electric Pink, Raving Red, & Vivid Violet.

Hmmm. I really like the Party Pink and Raving Red. I really dislike orange so I'm avoiding that. Maybe I'd try Festive Fuchsia? I wouldn't try Vivid Violet since I don't think dark purple would look good on my lips.

According to the Stila website:

Dazzle by day and glow by night. Stila’s black light responsive lip color contains florescent pigments that are three times brighter than conventional colors, creating a vibrant pop of color in the sunlight. Once the sun goes down, black light sensitive pigments cause the product to glow when exposed to ultraviolet (UV) light.

Oh so...it doesn't glow in the dark... it just... glows under a blacklight. Huh. Well, I'm lucky enough that I'm going to be close to a Spencer's Gift Shop so maybe I could purchase my own black light when I'm able to. I suppose that can't hurt... Anyway, here are some of the following features the lipstick has:

  • Medium, buildable coverage with staining properties for lasting color
  • Sunflower seed oil nourishes and moisturizes, while oat kernel extract soothes and calms the lips
  • Algae extract helps retain moisture and contains antioxidant benefits
  • Glycerin attracts water from the environment and the lower layers of the skin increasing hydration levels
  • Natural blend of waxes deliver a creamy, easy-to-apply consistency
  • Vitamins C & E provide antioxidant benefits
  • Cherry flavored

Well, I think that convinced me. Living in the desert sucks because, and really - it's pretty freaking obvious, it's really hot and dry. My lips gets chapped so easily that it's ridiculous (and part of the reason why I'm just now learning how to put on anything on my lips). So, seeing that it's going to, not only nourish and moisturize, but it's also going to help retain it.

The Vampy Varnish review states how satin-like it is and apparently, there's no scent from it. Hmm. I'm already convinced though what more do you want from --
Note: Cruelty Free

... So I see. Well played. Man! I wish I could get a job so I can buy these so I can give them a proper review too! Oh well, maybe...maybe one day.

Of course, that's just what it looks like on the surface! On Phyrra's "Stila After Glow Lip Colors Review", she tries the three colors: Tangerine Dream (although she gave that one a review of its own), Vivid Violet, & Electric Pink.

I actually think that looks cool! And while, again, you'd need to purchase, borrow from someone, or go somewhere that has a black light to get it to actually glow in the dark, I think it's also a nice color by itself! With summer coming up, maybe it'd be nice to see some light colors instead of desert dirt brown...

Anyway, if you're curious about the ingredients:

Ingredients: RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, POLYESTER-3, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, OLEYL ALCOHOL, OZOKERITE, EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX (CANDELILLA CERA), LANOLIN OIL, PARAFFIN, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POL YACYLADIPATE-2, LANOLIN WAX (LANOLIN CERA), FRAGRANCE(PARFUM), GLYCERIN, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, OLEIC/LINOLEIC/LINOLENIC POL YGLYCERIDES, SACCHARIN, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) KERNEL EXTRACT, ALGAE EXTRACT, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, MAY CONTAIN (+/-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), RED 7 LAKE (CI15850), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), RED 28 (CI45410), IRON OXIDES (CI77492, CI77491), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), ORANGE 5 (CI 45370), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 27 (CI 45410), RED 21 (CI 45380)

So yeah, I just really wanted to share with you this because it's really unique and I hope you guys consider getting this yourselves! You can buy them at either Sephora or Stila Cosmestics Online Store!

What do you think? Would you get these for yourself when you go out to clubs, bars, or parties? Why or why not?

Labels:

comments powered by Disqus