{ rainbow chiffon }
{ rc }     ;  ; ; 
about reviews quick look link yelp! rest-views past goods home follow dashboard
Thursday, May 23, 2013 | 21:47 | 0 comments


If you're here from my Wordpress blog, welcome to the new version of Rainbow Chiffon! As I mentioned on my goodbye post, I didn't really like Wordpress's interface and I didn't feel like I had any control over my layout or anything like that. At least, I'm going to keep the old posts up over there as it's too much of a pain to convert everything and I really wanted to start fresh.

I feel that Blogger would be better - not to mention, Blogger is also where my writing blog, Nebula Way, is located. I figured - I might as well have both of them on here so I can keep better track of it! Anyway, I hope you like the new layout as well! I know summer's barely approaching us but, honestly, you can't go wrong with subdued colors - especially since I live in a desert...

Before I get too wordy, let's talk about something that I'll probably won't be able to go to! It's the Anime Expo's "Shibuya Rocks 'Gal' Style Fashion Show"!

This is what it says on the website:

Anime Expo, North America’s largest anime and Japanese pop culture convention, announces its second annual fashion show! This year, we’re presenting the best of the “Gal” look as SHIBUYA ROCKS! Six fantastic brands will grace the stage at our global fashion event for 2013: “cool and casual” tomboy outfits from LIZ LISA doll, “dolly and sweet” designs from TRALALA, a trendy fusion of “retro and girlish” from LIZ LISA, “elegant casual and trend mix” from GOLDS infinity, “casual, romantic, and sexy” ensembles from GLAVIL by tutuHA, and “sexy and shiny” looks from MA*RS.

These amazing, influential Japanese labels will be the centerpiece for a first-of-its-kind US event spotlighting the latest in leading designs from Tokyo’s iconic Shibuya district, which is home to the world-famous 109 department store and the hub for the Gal fashion movement. The many different sleek, sexy, gorgeous, and charming designs that grace the covers of Japan’s leading fashion magazines are hitting the runway at Anime Expo this July. In addition, every single one of these brands will be officially available to purchase in the Exhibit Hall. Anime Expo is proud to bring these six brands together for their first ever fashion show and pop-up shop event outside of Japan. This will be the first time in history for such an event, and we invite everyone to join the Shibuya style Gal movement!

Join us at the Los Angeles Convention Center for AX2013, where attendees can connect with their favorite artists, voice actors, and musicians from Japan, display their amazing cosplay and other artistic creations, and enjoy the best in Japanese fashion and entertainment! Connect. Create. Culture. All at Anime Expo!

As it turns out, there's going to be a lot of different styles there! Whoa! I would love to go but right now with the current ticket prices... And, not only that, I have to schedule a trip to and back... And then I have to get a place to stay... I'm busy trying to save up for moving this summer!

Labels:

comments powered by Disqus